Catching Fire

Suzanne Collins

Born in 1962/1963, Suzanne Collins grew up as a writer and loved it a lot. In her early career she was into dramatic writing and still is. But as the years went on, she started writing other types of novels too. She also worked as a TV scriptwriter. In 1991, she was a scriptwriter for children’s TV. She worked for Nickelodeon. Her most famous show that she was a scriptwriter for was Little Bear. She later helped in writing a book series called Clifford’s Puppy Days. She also wrote a few children’s books herself. Although, as her career progressed, she started writing more teenager/young adult books like The Hunger Games Trilogy. Catching Fire is part of The Hunger Games TrilogyThe Hunger Games Trilogy were and still are very popular books. Within a year and a half of The Hunger Games coming out, it had have been on New York Times Best Seller list for 60 weeks in a row. Her books that followed in the trilogy were just as popular. The three books that are part of the trilogy are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire (the book I am reading), and Mockingjay. Now, her most popular and famous piece of art/work/ writing is being made into a movie that has very high expectations since the book was such a great one.

Right now she lives with her husband, two children, and two cats in Connecticut.

Why I Chose the book Catching Fire and my Expectations

The reason I chose the book Catching Fire was because when I started reading it, I thought it was brand new but it turns out that it came out in 2009. Another reason was my friends were reading it and they said they couldn’t put the book down once they started reading it because it was so good. And I trusted them because they normally don’t read a lot, so whenever they say that they can’t put a book down even though they don’t like reading, it must be a very good book.And next think you know, once I got the book, I just couldn’t put it down. I love the book so far. I am only on page 210 out of 394 pages. My expectations before I started reading the book were that this would be a book with action, suspense, and excitement for me. So far all those expectations have been met and I hope that the book will get even better even though it is already a terrific book.

Two of Katniss Everdeen’s Qualities

Katniss Everdeen is a woman of many qualities, but two qualities that she has that stand out the most are courageousness and perseverance. She shows these two qualities because during the Quarter Quell Hunger Games she stays alive because she never gives up no matter what situation she is in so that she and Peeta can stay alive, but most of all she wants Peeta to stay alive. She is willing to sacrifice her life for him to stay alive. She doesn’t love him, but she knows that if he stays alive, he will have a higher chance by using his words to start a rebellion against the Capitol. In the perfect situation, they would both stay alive (you will have to read the book to find out) and start a rebellion against the evil people of the Capitol. Because of her characteristics of courage and perseverance, she has the chance or already has done all of the previous things stated.